Given that the majority of the dogs we rescue and rehome are of the bull and terrier breeds and affected by Ontario's Bill 132 we ask that you have a good understanding of the law before applying to adopt a dog. Regardless if you are located in Ontario or not, it is important to us that you know why these dogs are being rescued and that BSL can and does affect ALL dogs.
We are not a shelter. All of our adoptable dogs are fostered in family environments. As such, for privacy reasons, we require an adoption application and phone interview be completed before arrangements are made to meet our dogs.
All ADR dogs are fostered for at least 30 days before being available for adoption. We feel this gives us a reasonable amount of time to learn their personalities, quirks and begin to "refine" any habits that may not be desirable.
All dogs are spayed/neutered (if 6 months or older), vaccinated, and microchipped prior to adoption. If the dog is adopted prior to 6 months of age then the spay/neuter will be responsibility of the adopter, and Ador-A-Bull Dog Rescue will require proof of the surgery before the adoption is finalized.
Given the time, effort and LOVE that goes into the care of these dogs by our foster homes and volunteers our adoption process is a very thorough one. We ask that you please take this into consideration when applying to adopt a dog from us. ADR does not rush the adoption process. We are dedicated to matching the right dog with the right home.
Adoption Process. How to apply and what to expect.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Contact us, tell us a bit about yourself, and request an application.
- Complete and return (electronically is fine) the application. (If renting - provide landlord approval).
- Phone interview
- Home visit with the dog (everyone living in the household must be present). Followed by a 24 hour “cooling off period”.
- Vet check/reference check
- Trial adoption
- Pay adoption Fee
- Sign legally binding adoption contract
- Provide proof of license
- Transfer chip info
- Attend, and provide proof of attending, a positive reinforcement class within 6 months.
Please note: completing an application does not guarantee any animal will be adopted to you.